There are many good reasons to get A&B Property Services to Wash your roof. We have listed the 7 most important ones below.
1) Stop the damage that roof staining organisms are doing to your roof. These organisms, specifically algae, lichens, and moss are feeding off the organic material in your shingles. In other words, your shingles are their food source. The longer they are allowed to stay and feast off your shingles, the more damage they will cause.
2) Roof algae, lichens and/or moss can eat through your shingles and into your roof deck causing wood rot. When the wood rots, moisture gets in through the cracks and creates an environment hospitable to mold growth. And mold growth in a home can pose health risks to people and pets. Don’t ignore roof stains. With a gentle, eco-friendly A&B Property Services roof wash costly roof repairs can be avoided BEFORE any permanent damage to your roof occurs.
3) Your insurance company can cancel your homeowners policy for having a dirty roof. Insurance companies are increasingly demanding that homeowners have their roofs cleaned. And they often only give a very short notice to do it. We’ve seen cases where the homeowner was given less than a week to comply or lose their insurance coverage. That’s why it is SO VERY important to be proactive and have those roofs professionally cleaned BEFORE you get that notice from your insurance company. Insurance companies know that untreated roof stains will negatively impact the overall integrity of the roof, which can also lead to mold growth INSIDE your home. Roof stains are seen as ‘risks’ that could cost them money in a claim.
4) A roof covered with algae, moss etc. is no longer able to efficiently reflect sunlight. The algae covered shingles absorb heat, thereby super-heating your attic and increasing your cooling costs. A&B Property Services safely, gently, and completely removes the staining, restoring your roof back to its natural health and efficiency.
5) Having your roof cleaned by an A&B Property Services professional is the cost saving alternative to premature re-roofing. There is absolutely no need to prematurely re-roof when your roof can look like new again for a fraction of replacement costs.
6) Restore the beauty of your home. A dirty roof detracts from your home’s curb appeal. You clean your siding, porches, and walkways. You may even apply weed control and fertilizers to spruce up your lawn and garden. But if you ignore those ugly roof stains, no matter what else you do to improve your home’s exterior, those stains will be the main focal point of your home’s exterior. And, if you are hoping to sell your house, roof cleaning is a must!
7) The integrity of your roof can be compromised by these roof staining organisms which can actually attract animals to your home, and ultimately into your attic. Algae, lichens and moss can penetrate the shingles allowing moisture to get into the sheathing. This moisture can cause wood to rot. The odor of rotting wood attracts animals.